Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bulldog 6 Signing In!!!

So the last couple of weeks have been a little crazy and overwhelming at times. But yesterday was one of those moments that was amazing and gratifying. My husband took his first company command yesterday. Grammy and Gramps were there, Grandma and Grandpa Beckley, my sister Kiki, and my good friend Tina Gilmore. We all got to watch Cpt. Summerhill achieve one of the milestones of his military career. I have to be honest it almost brought me to tears. I am so proud of him I can't hardly write without tearing up. I don't think any of it would have come out as good as it did without the help of Grammy and Gramps. I almost think they could be superheroes they are always there to help us when we need it the most or our guiding angels. One of the two. I have to give a great big THANK YOU to both of you. We love you so much, you are two of the most amazing people that I have ever known. We are so happy that you could share in this moment with us. My Grandparents made the trip from Witchita, I wonder if they should be driving that far?!?! It was really good to see Gerty and the Ol Lady, I just wish we would of had more time to visit. Thank you for making the trip. Thank you Kiki for coming out and supporting us. And of course Gilmore, life is going to be alot less interesting when you pcs. Thank you for coming out yesterday. Now that I am done saying thank you like I am accepting a grammy!! There are alot of our family and friends that could not make it yesterday, thank you for thinking of us and sending your congrats!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry we missed it, but we were definitely there in spirit!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Randy! Now the real fun begins . . . phone calls from crazy spouses at 2 a.m. . . . good times :).

    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete