Thursday, March 12, 2009

Engineers Night Out

I know we all enjoy the occasional Military Formal and last night we were fortunate enough to attend one. It was supposed to be a commadants reception but ended up being a hooray you are in the Engineer Regiment!!! Isn't that the way it goes. You think you go for one thing and you are actually there for something else. Speaking of that I asked my husband to find out what the dress for the spouse's would be. He asked and was told the spouse's should wear a tea length formal or longer. I decided to wear a floor length red dress. Imagine my surprise when we got there and I started seeing other wives in casual knee length dresses. I kept asking my husband are you sure this is what the dress is? And he told me again what the Major said. I saw another wife that I met at one of the socials and she was dressed in a cute black cocktail dress. She was kind enough to reassure me that I looked good and it would be ok. Our friends Teddy and Tina Gilmore were there. I was so glad to know another spouse there that would be wearing a long dress. And of course they are alot of fun to hang out with. Tina thank you for being there for me you are awesome!!!! We enjoyed getting dressed up and visiting with people. We did not however enjoy the speech. I learned so many things last night about the Engineer corp. that I think they are permenantly burned into my brain! For instance did you know that there is an Engineer prayer? I know I didn't know there was one either. There was alot of information like that out there. My husband looked handsome as always!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the RED dress!! How do you always find such pretty dresses? I have to say, I'd rather be over dressed than underdressed. BTW, I got a HUGE compliment on the quilt you gave me for my bday the other day from a friend whose house everyone loves. I have it hangin gup in my foyer and she just went crazy for it. AAHH, I felt special. Thank you for that. I'm telling you, you should see her house!

    ReplyDelete