Sunday, March 22, 2009

What a Week!!

I hardly know where to begin. It has been such a fun and exciting week. I guess I will start at the beginning. Munchkin is doing very well in preschool and she loves it. She looks forward to going everyday. Her teacher says that she is falling right into the routine. We love getting the fruits of her labor during the day. When I pick her up she doesn't stop talking about her day ( I wonder where she gets that from Grammy?). I am adapting to having the free time in the afternoon. We have also started walking in the afternoon with my good friend Shannon and her little one. Munchkin just loves her. Speaking of walking, our husbands got home early one day and so we took off walking on our own. It was a beautiful day and as any parent knows it is nice to have those moments when you can have adult conversation with no interuptions. As we were winding down our walk Shannon had decided that she would walk by my house to go home. We got almost to my house when we heard "come come". I thought the woman was calling her children. Then she stepped out of her door and was motioning us to come. We started walking that direction. We stepped inside and it was almost like we stepped into another country. And that country would have been Saudia Arabia. Before we could even sit down she had made coffee Saudia Arabia and a tray full of treats in front of us. I thought well I'll try anything once. At first I didn't like the coffee but like somethings it has a way of growing on you. I am 30 and I have never eaten a date. I don't know why but I actually like them. We sat and visited for a little while. The best we could. Somehow it came out that we would come back for lunch the next day. Thank you Shannon for coming back with me. Our new friend cooked a full meal, it was amazing. Hubby got out of school early and he even came over and ate with us. She was so gracious and hospitable. It reminded my of good ol southern charm. The long and the short of it is. That I made a new friend this week, and tried food that I never thought I would eat. It turns out that even though she is from the other side of the world we have alot in common and I love the food!!
To save the best for last BUNCO is all I have to say. If you have never played you should try it. They actually give prizes for losing the most. My friend TinaG called me and asked if I would like to go and play bunco with her. I was a little apprehensive at first but thought I always have a good time with her Iwill go. And fun we did have. I didn't know any of the rules or anything. We both were bunco virgins but not for long!!! I had so much fun and enjoyed meeting more new people. I ended up winning a prize for losing the most games and a prize for having the last bunco. At the end of the night when everyone was tallying up I knew that I didn't win but I thought what a way to spend five dollars and get your moneys worth. I think I laughed almost all night. I can't wait for the next game!!

No comments:

Post a Comment